« Home | Celebrity Authoritarians » | Jim Lampley: Still Nuts » | There's No Crying in Politics » | MU Nickname Garbage » | Broder: I <3 McCain » | More on the Senate Compromise » | What Does Newsweek Really Think of the US? » | Stupid Senate Deal » | My Own Summer » | This Jet Set Life is Going to Kill Me » 

Friday, May 27, 2005 

More on Foreign Law

Orin Kerr at Volokh talks about Michael J Kelly's criticisms of Justices Scalia and Thomas in relation to foreign law.

I think Kerr's analysis is right. To simply state that Scalia is "afraid" is a joke. Even if you totally disagree with the man, it must be recognized that he has not backed down from supporting his views on the law. And to just say that Thomas has no intellectual curiosity is almost libel. If he had no intellectual curiosity, I doubt we would be a judge. He would've taken a job as a ditch digger and watched American Idol for the rest of his life.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile