« Home | Broder: I <3 McCain » | More on the Senate Compromise » | What Does Newsweek Really Think of the US? » | Stupid Senate Deal » | My Own Summer » | This Jet Set Life is Going to Kill Me » | Let's Talk Extreme » | The Friday Morning Tradition » | The Power of Language » | Cowboy Capitalism » 

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 

MU Nickname Garbage

The voting has been open now for a few days and yes, I cast my vote. It was for Warriors. I don't care if they don't count it. I'm not going to be a party to their Banana Republic election. It's a wonderful way to rig an election: "You are free to vote for anything but the most popular choice." That's like a car dealership saying you can have a car in any color you want, as long as it isn't black.

My prediction: the new name will suck. Everyone will still want Warriors. I still won't go to the basketball games.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile