« Home | There's No Crying in Politics » | MU Nickname Garbage » | Broder: I <3 McCain » | More on the Senate Compromise » | What Does Newsweek Really Think of the US? » | Stupid Senate Deal » | My Own Summer » | This Jet Set Life is Going to Kill Me » | Let's Talk Extreme » | The Friday Morning Tradition » 

Thursday, May 26, 2005 

Jim Lampley: Still Nuts

Kerry still won.

I'm amazed he's got the brainpower to operate a computer. As "proof" that Kerry won, he offers a few links. One is a Geocities site (maximum credibility there) that cites a model that "proves" Kerry won. Listen loud and clear: MODELS PROVE NOTHING. A model is not proof. A model is a system constructed by a fallible human being who probably has biases of his own. Another link is to Democratic Underground. Right now, the link doesn't work. Jim has cracked the greatest election crime of American history, but he hasn't mastered hyperlinks yet. Even if it did work, I think Democratic Underground is not exactly a credible source of information. People there might have an agenda.

He also says that exit polls don't lie. Are you fucking kidding me? It's an exit poll. It asks some people who voted, not all people who voted. How dense do you have to be to not understand this basic concept? Jimmy, I know you're upset that your boy Kerry lost. I know you can't fathom why President Bush was reelected. I know that it was a sad election night for you and many out there. I also know that living this deeply in denial makes you look like a dunce.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile