« Home | More on Foreign Law » | Celebrity Authoritarians » | Jim Lampley: Still Nuts » | There's No Crying in Politics » | MU Nickname Garbage » | Broder: I <3 McCain » | More on the Senate Compromise » | What Does Newsweek Really Think of the US? » | Stupid Senate Deal » | My Own Summer » 

Saturday, May 28, 2005 

Memorial Day Weekend

The official start to summer is finally here. I have no real plans for tomorrow. I will probably lounge around the house, play with my new laptop (got it Wednesday), and read. I have a week's worth of notes to type and organize for Trusts and Estates, so I should probably fit that somewhere in my schedule. So far, I am incredibly pleased with the class. The reading isn't horrible and we're moving at a good pace. I still have time to do other reading too. I'm currently re-reading Free to Choose by the Friedmans. It's one of those books that should be read every so often. Not only is it well written, it explains very complex concepts in ways that any moron can grasp. I am occasionally a moron. I'm also reading Getting to Yes which is a book about negotiation written by a pair of Harvard eggheads. Everyone needs to brush up on their verbal persuasion skills, even a swindler like me.

Sunday is my cousin's wedding in Madison. It will either be a lot of fun or very boring. Knowing my family, it will be very boring. After dinner, I plan on entrenching myself at the bar and not moving for the duration. Maybe I'll do a little dancing, but nothing is set in stone. There will be barhopping after the reception, so it's going to be a long night. I'm staying overnight in Madison, along with my sister and her boyfriend. My mom is driving back that night. My dad has to work so he isn't going. Lucky bastard.

On Memorial Day itself, I'm going to my aunt and uncle's house which is halfway between Madison and Milwaukee. Basically, it's a small, low key gathering to mellow out after the wedding. I'll probably be sitting by the lake, nursing my hangover. Now that I think of it, I should probably do my homework tomorrow so I'm not struggling through it Monday night. All I need is to be hunched over my casebook, eyes not focusing, trying to understand undue influence while trying not to pass out.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile