« Home | Air America » | Political Analysis in Internet-Speak » | Ozone Action Day » | Beer Review: Schlafly Expedition Reserve » | I Can't Explain Howard Dean » | Current TV » | A Fun Lunch Hour » | Frist » | Helen Thomas » | Textbooks » 

Thursday, August 04, 2005 

Beer Review: Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse

I decided that a nice cold beer would be great on this mild summer evening. I pulled a bottle of Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse out of the fridge and poured it into a pint glass, prepared for beery delight. As you can probably tell from the name, Franziskaner is a German import. It has a cloudy, golden color that is almost opaque. The odor is not very strong. There is a light "beer" smell, but nothing too aromatic. The taste is mildly bitter but very light. It doesn't have much body or after taste. A person (me) could conceivably drink many of these before feeling filled up. The import price tag would probably keep anyone but a high roller from doing that. Overall, Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse is not an overly impressive beer. It's good if you want a cool drink on a summer night. But for its price, I would probably buy something else instead. Franziskaner makes a great Dunkel if you are looking for something heavier and darker. I had one when I was out Tuesday night and was impressed.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile