« Home | Tramp Stamp » | Clash of the Titans » | Timing » | Ginsburg » | The Vote So Far » | An E-mail » | Get on the McConnell Train » | What Am I? » | Root, Root, Root for the Liberals » | You're My Boy, Bill » 

Saturday, September 24, 2005 

Septembeer Fest

Myself and a group of 7 others headed down to the Oak Creek Community Center for the 10th annual Septembeer Fest last night. It's a South Sider's version of a wine tasting, except no one spits into buckets. Basically, a whole bunch of breweries and importers set up booths. You walk up with your trusty Septembeer Fest Pint Glass and ask them to give you a sample of whatever beer you're interested in. They pour you about 4 drinks worth, you drink it, you move on. In theory, this is a great way to try new beers, expand your horizons, and learn what you'll like before you spend money on it. In theory. At about 45 minutes into this thing, my tastebuds checked out for the night. I managed to try quite a few that I could taste and make a solid judgment on as far as quality.

Unfortunately, I woke up with probably the worst case of sewer mouth that I've had in months. Combining porters, bocks, white ales, pilsners, and my dinner from Oakland Gyros resulted in the funkiest morning after breath I've ever had. It smells like there is a tannery in my mouth. I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to get this taste out of my mouth. And I think it's safe to say that I'll be staying in tonight. I've done enough damage for one weekend.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile