« Home | Bob and Weave » | Here We Go Again » | PJ O'Rourke is My Patron Saint » | Joe Biden » | Your Money at Work » | Have Some Ham » | Novak Says I Am Wrong, Wrong, Wrong » | No One Told Me » | The 9/11 Post » | On the Docket » 

Thursday, September 15, 2005 

McConnell to the Rescue?

Hugh Hewitt thinks that it's time to call the good professor to serve on the Court.

I linked McConnell's op-ed about Roe v Wade recently and said that it and his other abortion writings would be his doom. It would be a struggle to get him on the Court. I can only imagine the hearings. McConnell, like Roberts, does have the advantage of being smarter than every senator on the committee. He also has the advantage of being widely respected as a legal scholar and judge.

Hewitt might be onto something here with the Pledge/1st Amendment issue. But I think there would be a lot of jeering at Bush for nominating someone in reaction to a court ruling. It would be portrayed as trying to put a predetermined vote on the Court. Eh, I still think it's going to be a female nominee.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile