« Home | The WI Law School One-Two Punch » | The Swap » | Celebrity Political Donations » | Constitution Day » | Are Sen. Schumer's Eyes Brown? » | I Hate Being Right All the Time » | The Chief is Dead » | My Big F'ing Hurricane Post » | Beer Review: Unibroue Don de Dieu » | Add MULS to the List » 

Thursday, September 08, 2005 

Here, Have an Opinion Piece

The warmer than usual weather is sapping my strength, so posting has come to a grinding halt. I'm going to do my best to muster the will to post something of note. I was going to do something about the MoveOn.org ad tying Judge Roberts to the hurricane. I've always suspected that Roberts was a strict destructionist. He will abolish a woman's right to choose to not be blown away by 150 MPH winds. Seriously, these groups have descended to a level of self-parody. The punchline writes itself.

Speaking of judges and the Supreme Court, here's something that potential nominee Michael McConnell wrote a few years ago. He is one of the foremost legal scholars in the country. If you want to know about church-state legal issues, this is the man you go to. But that op-ed means big trouble for McConnell. It doesn't matter that he's widely respected, even among liberal law professors and commentators. People like Ralph Neas would be running around like a headless chicken, screaming about Roe. Too bad, he'd be a great Justice.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile