« Home | Volokh on Climate Change » | Batman Begins » | New Hitch Column » | PETA » | Gitmo Part 2 » | Sometimes Truth Defies Reason » | Gitmo » | Socialized Health Care in WI » | Volokh » | Party to a Crime » 

Sunday, June 19, 2005 

California Courts

What will they do next?

How the hell can you say that a theme park ride, like a roller coaster, is a common carrier? I sort of see common carrier as a bus or commuter train or something like that, not a 200 foot tall ride with a lift hill and double loop. I know it's out of legal vogue, but whatever happened to "assumption of the risk?" I'm a pretty frequent theme park visitor and while the rides are extremely safe, I know that there is a risk that I might be hurt or injured. I go on anyway because I have nothing to live for and I like the rides. It would be a shame to lose some kick ass rides because park owners are too worried about potential liability issues. I want my fun, dammit.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile