« Home | Gitmo » | Socialized Health Care in WI » | Volokh » | Party to a Crime » | Tucker Max: My Inspiration » | Tard Blog » | BEAT IT! » | Democrats and the South » | Lifestyles of the Supreme Court Justices » | Hurricanes will Kill Us All » 

Thursday, June 16, 2005 

Sometimes Truth Defies Reason

I'm sitting here with my Trusts and Estates casebook open to page 574, in awe of the fact that we are really going to get through this entire book. Normally, that's no big deal but I am responsible for all this material. In order to make sure I am in the top section of the class grade-wise, I'm going to do a major review of this crap over the weekend. Hell, my life can't get any less exciting.

My summer really took a down turn in June. Aside from getting third degree burns at Six Flags last week, there's not much to report. I haven't gone out in 2 weeks. I had to check my phone just now to figure out what day of the week it is. I'm in drastic need of some excitement.

Here's the plan. Further euthanize my social life with marathon studying sessions, as well as a week long cloistering while I work on my take home exam. Try to find some legal work to keep me busy, although that is looking grim right now. And once that crap is taken care of, have fun. Maybe I'll just go on a trip. Who knows?

The truth of the matter is that during a summer that should be great (no working long back breaking hours, one class that leaves me the entire day to myself, about 40 unread books on my shelves), I am not having much fun. You'd think I could manage to pull something off. Nope, I'm just sitting here reading In re Trust of Stuchell, watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and singing along to "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen. While that is probably the greatest song ever written, it's not enough to keep this night from being anything but ass.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile