« Home | New Hitch Column » | PETA » | Gitmo Part 2 » | Sometimes Truth Defies Reason » | Gitmo » | Socialized Health Care in WI » | Volokh » | Party to a Crime » | Tucker Max: My Inspiration » | Tard Blog » 

Friday, June 17, 2005 

Batman Begins

I saw it this afternoon and it's great. It is everything that a Batman movie should be. Christian Bale plays Batman as a strong but psychologically flawed individual, the opposite of the Clooney/Kilmer take on the role. The cast is perfect, although I was not too thrilled with Katie Holmes. I see her and think one thing: Beek on the Creek. That's just one of those roles that you can't shake. The atmosphere of Gotham is excellent. It feels enough like a real city with minor tweaks that a fictional world allows. It's not this over the top neon funland that is so gaudy that it distracts you. The best part is that I know this film will be a hit. So there will be more. And there is a little preview at the end of the next villain. I can't wait to see what Christopher Nolan comes up with.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile