« Home | It's So Easy to Hate the Media » | Owen, Brown, Pryor, et al » | Fell Off the Face of the Earth » | ... » | Walter E. Williams on How Not to Be Poor » | Byron York on Jim Lampley's Crackpot Theories » | More on the Milwaukee Election » | Political Poll » | Patent Law and Nanotechnology » | They Make It So Easy » 

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 

Cowboy Capitalism

In spite of my busy and fulfilling personal life, I managed to get through a great book in the past 2 days. Cowboy Capitalism by Olaf Gersemann. It's pretty technical and I had to brush up on my econ a bit to understand all of the terms and graphs, but it's still an amazing book. It destroys any myths about the greatness of the European system in the best way possible: cold, hard facts and numbers. It's pretty funny that many Europeans, especially Germans, think that Americans all work 3 jobs to make ends meet. And we all work at McDonalds, Wal-Mart, or Home Depot. These people are so sophisticated.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile