« Home | PJ O'Rourke is My Patron Saint » | Joe Biden » | Your Money at Work » | Have Some Ham » | Novak Says I Am Wrong, Wrong, Wrong » | No One Told Me » | The 9/11 Post » | On the Docket » | Justification » | I Love Kanye West » 

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 

Here We Go Again

CA District Court Judge rules Pledge unconstitutional.

Michael Newdow needs a hobby that isn't litigation. As funny as I found it that the Supreme Court dismissed the old case on standing, I knew that it meant that we'd be going through this again. This case is going to creep its way up the court hierarchy and eventually end up at the Supreme Court (unless the 9th Circuit surprising me with some good judgment). As the article says, there is a 4th Circuit decision that conflicts with this. It is notably written by Judge Karen Williams, who is on Bob Novak's list for potential nominees to the Court. The Court will hear this, especially because of the conflict in the lower courts.

I agree with the 4th Circuit on this issue. Frankly, I think this is a BS issue. If this is the biggest Constitutional and legal issue on your mind, you need to be brought up to speed on a few things.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile