« Home | Feinstein Quickly Becoming Sensible; Temperatures ... » | I Almost Died of Shock... » | Brooks on Alito and the Democratic Party » | Beer Review: Leinenkugel's Northwoods » | Post-Hearings Thoughts » | Beware of Federalists and Other Thoughts on the Fe... » | Beer Review: Samuel Adams Black Lager » | Honorable Person of the Day » | Back to School » | Court Rulings » 

Sunday, January 15, 2006 

Republican House Leadership

I'm very, very passively following the race to replace Delay as Majority Leader in the House. However, I did come across this on Rep. John Shadegg's website...
The Enumerated Powers Act, H.R. 2458, requires that all bills introduced in the U.S. Congress include a statement setting forth the specific constitutional authority under which the law is being enacted. This measure will force a continual re-examination of the role of the national government, and will fundamentally alter the ever-expanding reach of the federal government.

For too long, the federal government has operated without constitutional restraint. In doing so, it has created ineffective and costly programs, massive deficits year after year, and a national debt totaling nearly $7 trillion. The Enumerated Powers Act will help slow the flood of unconstitutional legislation and force Congress to reexamine the proper role of the federal government.
I'm shocked. There's a politician out there who cares about my top issue: federalism. If John Shadegg has no major problems that I'm unaware of at this time, I'm in favor of him as Majority Leader.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile