« Home | Correction: My Birthday Present » | Top 5... Make that Top 4 » | John Stossel Must Read Eminent Domain » | Alito Attack Du Jour » | UWEC's War on Religion » | Something Worth Reading in the Trib... For Once » | My Christmas Present » | Milwaukee's Future Leaders? » | MJS Crap » | Alito » 

Friday, November 04, 2005 

Pathetic

I've felt a need to break my No Marquette Politics rule once more on Eminent Domain. This is just too good to pass up. I just read this and the comments. It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time. I took a look at the website for the Warrior. It's nice. The website is pretty good for a student paper. I'm not going to go out of my way to read it, but I'll peruse a print copy if a see one near me. It's certainly nothing to go into hysterics about. The Tribune sucks, aside from the occasional Sturino opinion piece, so why not have another paper, even if it does have an ideological bent? You're kidding yourself if you think that the Trib doesn't have bias in not only their editorial staff but the stories they cover. A bias that you agree with is still a bias. We had two papers at UWM when I was there, both with very different viewpoints. Many colleges have two papers. Choices in media are a good thing.

The real abomination is the comments section. I personally feel a little dumber after reading some of those posts. But this is a wonderful example of what campus politics has become. I think the comment by Matt Manning hit the point on the head. There isn't any meaningful discussion or debate to be found anywhere in that conversation. The worst part is that a lot of those commenters are "politically active," as in future and wannabe politicians. Weep for the future.

It looks like some members of the party of diversity and open mindedness went on a vandalism spree last night too. I guess they aren't down with that whole free speech thing. I hope the perpetrators get caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I wonder if they just took a page out of last November's playbook. Don't agree with someone's point of view? Destroy their property! Very mature.

You know, when you kids get into the real world, you're going to learn that not everyone is going to agree with you. You are also going to learn that you can't do a damn thing about that. You can think that person is entirely full of crap and you can shout it from the mountain tops. But you sure as hell can't destroy their property. A long time ago, many brave men fought and died to form this great republic. Freedom of speech was so important that it was included in the first of the Amendments to the Constitution. When you decide to vandalize someone's home because of something he said, you are pissing on the graves of the Founders. So grow up and knock it off.

PS: And if anyone touches my Confirm Alito yard sign, I will find as many ways as I can to sue you.

EDIT: When you look at the pictures on the GOP3 site, take a close look at the second one. Does that say "Young College Recuntlicans?" See, now that is a great name for an organization. I bet you'd be popular with the ladies when you told them you were a member of the Recuntlicans. Thank you, vandals, for my word of the day.

EDIT DOS: Someone added a link to my post at the end of the comments section. It wasn't me. I wonder who it was... And I think that my post has the best title of those links.

EDIT CAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT: Anyone remember when 1832 pulled this crap? You know, the anonymous accusations of racism and such? Oh, what a fun day that was...

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile