« Home | MJS Crap » | Alito » | Tomorrow Morning? » | Look for the Union Label... » | Beer Review: New Glarus Tail Wagger » | It's Spreading » | Post-Miers: An Opportunity » | Can I Get A "Hell Yeah"?! » | This is the Post Where I Rip Feingold » | Bush on Trial for Torture in Canada » 

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 

Milwaukee's Future Leaders?

In the second of my Embarrassed to be from Milwaukee Posts, I feel that I must draw attention to Michelle Malkin's blog today. She's pushing her new book, which I'm not going to read (sorry, modern political books are pretty much all the same). But she has given us some lovely mugshots of some very passionate people. They were so passionate that they decided to break a bunch of laws to get across their political views. Basically, they are people too stupid to form an articulate argument, so they resorted to crime in order to make a point.

As a hometown connection, Malkin includes the mugshots of Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde (Congresswoman Gwen Moore's son), Michael Pratt (former Acting Mayor Marvin Pratt's son), and the rest of the alleged tire slashers. Note that "alleged" is still in there. It often takes 2 months to bring charges for a criminal damage to property case and longer to get settled. Really. There's nothing political about this. Really. Honest.

Remember when Milwaukee was known for its cannibalistic serial killers? You know, the good old days? Remember when we could look down our noses at the political corruption in Chicago? I'm afraid those days are long gone.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile