« Home | Judge Sykes » | LGF Protest Slide Show » | Cato on Big Government » | Judge Batchelder Speech » | Congratulations, War Protesters » | Feeling Low » | Written Questions » | Septembeer Fest » | Tramp Stamp » | Clash of the Titans » 

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 

Nominee on Friday?

That's the rumor.

Let's get this over already so I can stop reading endless amounts of crap about appeals court judges. It's fun to speculate but after a while, you just want a name. I think that the president's mention of diversity is not a head fake. It's a statement that the nominee will be a woman or racial minority. It would be nice if the best person for the job got the nomination, regardless of reproductive organs or melanin. But this is politics, and politics are rarely fair.

Here's my list...

Who I would nominate: Michael McConnell
Who would be the most entertaining in the Judiciary Committee: Alex Kozinski
Who everyone thinks it will be but won't: Alberto Gonzales
Who should've been on the Court fifteen years ago: Edith Jones, Richard Posner
Who I think it will be: Karen Williams

And I bet I'm going to be wrong on the last one. It's just too hard to call.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile