« Home | Uh Oh » | 2008 Straw Poll: Republican Presidential Candidate » | Hiatus Over » | Just a Quick Post » | Hiatus » | Kneel Before Eisner » | Nanotechnology » | Let the Slime Begin » | Fashion » | Beer Review: Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse » 

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 

Marathon Days

Today is my first day back at ol' MULS. I showed up carrying every book I had minus my Ethics books. I figured that it would be a good idea to get most of my stuff down here and into my locker. My book bag is a messenger bag because I am a moron. I can carry two casebooks in it at most. My load for the day was 4 casebooks, my environmental law supplement, and my tax phone book. Unfortunately, my locker would not open. One of my fellow students informed me that the new automated locker assignment system was sending out the wrong combinations. Capital.

I guess this problem was widespread, because there were already forms printed up in 146 to be filled out. After submitting my paperwork, I had to lug my armful of books up to the third floor for Tax. There should be pack mule rentals at the bottom of the stairs. I ended up sub-letting some space in a friend's locker until my new combo was sent to me. Everything is gravy now on the locker front.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are very long for me. I am here from 10:30 AM to 8:15 PM. There were a few semesters in undergrad that I had days like that. I could often be seen in the UWM Union asleep, sprawled out on a table. I don't have much shame, especially when sleep is involved. This semester's schedule lets me get a lot of reading done between classes though, which is nice. The hours just pile up though. What am I going to do with my time when I'm done with my reading? How am I going to afford eating down here everyday or deal with hauling food here from home? How did Patrick Swayze's "She's Like the Wind" get on my Ipod?

Well, I guess I'll just see how the semester plays out. I think I'm going to do a beer review later tonight. I'm fighting the urge to go to Haggerty's and do one right now.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile