« Home | Hiatus » | Kneel Before Eisner » | Nanotechnology » | Let the Slime Begin » | Fashion » | Beer Review: Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse » | Air America » | Political Analysis in Internet-Speak » | Ozone Action Day » | Beer Review: Schlafly Expedition Reserve » 

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 

Just a Quick Post

President Bush and I are currently reading the same book. Shocking! (considering the topic, it is actually shocking)

Kurlansky said he was surprised to hear that Bush had taken his book to the ranch: "My first reaction was, 'Oh, he reads books?' "

The author said he was a "virulent Bush opponent" who had given speeches denouncing the war in Iraq.

"What I find fascinating, and it's probably a positive thing about the White House, is they don't seem to do any research about the writers when they pick the books," Kurlansky said.


Yes, Mr. Kurlansky. There are people out there who read books written by people who don't agree with them or written about positions that they don't agree with. You don't have a monopoly on enlightenment, Mr. Author Man.

I'm glad I got a copy of Salt from Book Closeouts. It was a copy that didn't sell in the bookstore, was returned to the publisher, then sold to me for FAR below market price. I'm glad because 1. it was cheaper and 2. Kurlansky sounds like a real douche bag after this.

Fast growing hard wood!?

Are you hitting on me?

Post a Comment
Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile