« Home | E. Harold Hallows Distinguished Lecture » | Hey, Senator Kennedy » | Ted Kennedy Losing His F'ing Mind » | Whoops! » | Cloture Watch » | I Was Going to Go to Vegas This Weekend... » | An Odd Filibuster » | Test Results » | Bush Radio Address » | Zywicki on Blogs » 

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 

Clerks

As seen on Volokh and UTR, here is the upcoming line up of Supreme Court clerks. It's always interesting to see who the Justices pick to clerk for them. Both Scalia and Thomas have taken on a Judge Luttig clerk. Luttig's clerks are known as "Luttigators", in case you were wondering about the weird name. I consider myself fairly up on the federal judiciary lingo, but I've never heard Judge Sentelle's clerks called "Sentelle-tubbies". I think that might be an Amber term. I like it though.

As you can tell from the schools named, Supreme Court clerks usually come from the top schools. The list is: Yale (7), Harvard (7), Chicago (2), UVA (3), Columbia (2), Northwestern (1), Stanford (1), NYU (1), Georgia (1). I'm not jealous. Really. Not at all.

Justice Souter hasn't hired any clerks yet. Amber says that he's interviewing in a little over a month from now. Maybe he'll retire instead. He does hate living in Washington DC. Maybe he's going to bow out now. Maybe he's going to stay on the Court for 15 more years to infuriate me. It could go either way.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile