« Home | Cloture Watch » | I Was Going to Go to Vegas This Weekend... » | An Odd Filibuster » | Test Results » | Bush Radio Address » | Zywicki on Blogs » | Liberty Silver Money » | Beer Review: Guinness Draught » | The Roberts-Alito Court » | Easterbrook on the 9th Circuit » 

Monday, January 30, 2006 

Whoops!


Filibuster fails, cloture vote passes overwhelmingly.

EDIT: Quin from Confirm Them is referring to it as the "Switzibuster". I don't know if this is a Quin original, but I'm going to start using it.

EDIT 2: Prof Althouse has a reaction from the Daily Kos folks...
WTF?! I was expecting a close call. Not a mere 25. What happened?

i'm pissed. ...everyone of those dems who voted for cloture should be brought down
Yes, take those rational people down. Replace them with a fleet of Ted Kennedys. Here's the roll call vote on cloture.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile