« Home | Bush Radio Address » | Zywicki on Blogs » | Liberty Silver Money » | Beer Review: Guinness Draught » | The Roberts-Alito Court » | Easterbrook on the 9th Circuit » | Beer Review: Sprecher Hefe Weiss » | The Downfall of the Left » | Why I Love Marquette » | Activate the Drudge Siren! » 

Saturday, January 28, 2006 

Test Results

Last May, I took this test. It said that I fell into the "Enterpriser" group. Here is the post that explains it all. I just took the test again, and I got Enterpriser again. I'm going to go through it all and discuss the results in bold...
Enterpriser

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Enterpriser typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues.

Enterprisers represent 9 percent of the American public, and 10 percent of registered voters.

Basic Description
As in previous studies conducted in 1987, 1994 and 1999, this extremely partisan Republican group'’s politics are driven by a belief in the free enterprise system (Yes) and social values that reflect a conservative agenda (Personally, I don't give a damn what you do with your personal life. It's none of my business unless you are infringing on the rights of others). Enterprisers are also the strongest backers of an assertive foreign policy, which includes nearly unanimous support for the war in Iraq and strong support for such anti-terrorism efforts as the Patriot Act. (I used to be a strong Buchanan-like non-interventionist. I was a supporter of George Washington's farewell address, no entangling alliances and such. I think 9/11 changed that for me. The modern world is too small. The U.S. is no longer protected by the oceans. Isolationism is a relic of the past).

Defining Values
Assertive on foreign policy and patriotic (Pretty much); anti-regulation and pro-business (Yup); very little support for government help to the poor (Social engineering doesn't work); strong belief that individuals are responsible for their own well being (Yeah). Conservative on social issues such as gay marriage (Eh, my views on marriage are pretty weird actually...), but not much more religious than the nation as a whole (I'm not very religious). Very satisfied with personal financial situation (I'm not starving).

Who They Are
Predominantly white (91%) (Yes), male (76%) (Last time I checked) and financially well-off (62% have household incomes of at least $50,000, compared with 40% nationwide) (Again, not starving). Nearly half (46%) have a college degree (Yes, I do have a degree), and 77% are married (Haha, not married. Not even close...). Nearly a quarter (23%) are themselves military veterans (Not in the military, but considering it). Only 10% are under age 30 (I'm 24, so I guess I'm in that 10%).

Lifestyle Notes
59% report having a gun in their homes (There are guns in this house. Multiple guns); 53% trade stocks and bonds in the stock market (I own stocks), and 30% are small business owners (I've worked for a small business for many years) - all of which are the highest percentages among typology groups. 48% attend church weekly (Nope); 36% attend bible study or prayer group meetings (Nope).

2004 Election
Bush 92%, Kerry 1%. Bush's most reliable supporters (just 4% of Enterprisers did not vote) (I voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 and I didn't have to think twice about it).

Party ID
81% Republican, 18% Independent/No Preference, 1% Democrat (98% Rep/LeanRep) (I vote for more Republicans than any other party. I also leave much of my ballot blank. I really don't vote for many candidates, but I vote in every election).

Media Use
Enterprisers follow news about government and politics more closely than any other group (I consider myself reasonably informed on the issues), and exhibit the most knowledge about world affairs. The Fox News Channel is their primary source of news (46% cite it as a main source) (I don't watch TV news often at all. It bores me. I can find out more information in 30 minutes of internet surfing than watching the news) followed by newspapers (42%) (I read the MJS for laughs) radio (31%) (I like Belling) and the internet (26%) (Hello, my mistress).
I guess that's as close as a short internet poll is going to get.

Well, what do you think you are?

Post a Comment
Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile