« Home | * » | I Heard the Word "Salami" Tonight... » | Diamond Jim Strikes Again » | Beer Review: Leinenkugel's Original » | 12th Circuit? » | Dominique de Villepin Doesn't Care About Black People » | Machine Gun Sammy? » | We're Number 100! » | Pathetic » | Correction: My Birthday Present » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

The Neverending FMLA Attacks on Alito

I'm glad Prof. Althouse is on my side in this argument. The august Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe has jumped on the FMLA bandwagon very late. I rarely agree with Prof. Tribe on anything, but I used to think he had some integrity. Here, he is just trying to make political hay over a fairly complex legal issue and smear Judge Alito as an extremist. Prof. Althouse, scholar-warrior that she is, takes on Tribe as well as some of the Tribe-heads in the comments. If this is the best attack that can be mustered against Alito, just give him a floor vote now and let him get to work.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile