« Home | Blurb on the Environment » | Amnesty International USA Leaders Aided Kerry » | Justice Posner? » | Chin Up, George » | Advice from a Public Defender » | Free Speech on Campus » | Freedom » | Oliver Stone Arrested on Drug, DUI Charges » | Truth in the Onion » | Memorial Day Weekend » 

Thursday, June 02, 2005 

Source: Rehnquist to Step Down Soon, McConnell to Replace

Link

This seems very plausible. Everyone has sort of assumed that Scalia would be picked to be Chief Justice after Rehnquist steps down. There would be a huge confirmation fight even though Scalia was originally confirmed 98-0. It's actually fairly common to appoint someone from the outside directly to the chief position, as opposed to promoting from within. I think McConnell would be a great chief. I would get great pleasure from Scalia as chief, but I can live without it.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile