« Home | Done » | Still Working... » | Good Eats at Gitmo » | Fuck It, I'm Busy » | Cruise » | Bias » | Eminent Domain » | Kelo Kelo Kelo » | Stephen King » | Morgan Spurlock » 

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 

The Plot Thickens

Justice Thomas and "imagined resignations."

I'm really starting to wonder if there will be a resignation. If Rehnquist is really doing well enough to stay on, he will stay on. He knows that justices that leave the Court, well, die. If you don't have a reason to get out of bed everyday and be on top of your game, the body just gives out. He might not want to go out on the sour note that has been this term. I wouldn't blame him. Even with Thomas' statement, O'Connor not retiring is hard for me to accept. She hasn't hired a third clerk, her husband is very ill, and she loves Arizona. But there is something that could keep all of them on. If all nine stay on until March 2006, they will be the longest sitting single panel of the Supreme Court. Maybe they're going for the record.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile