« Home | Why We Fight » | America and the Courts: Posner » | Belated Congratulations » | Cert Logjam » | The Hard Part » | Fun with YouTube » | Recent Court Case "Narrower" than Most Believe » | More Luttig Speculation » | Scout Appeal Denied » | I Love the Smell of a 5-4 Decision in the Morning » 

Sunday, June 04, 2006 

"Idiots"

I really can't say that I'm shocked by this (via a link I saw on Confirm Them), but it's still worth highlighting. John Kerry had a meeting in L.A. with some liberal bloggers. Although it was supposed to be "off the record", one of the bloggers has provided a summary of what was discussed. Personally, I don't care about Kerry's campaign excuses or his policy views, but I do care about this statement...
At some other point he referred to Supreme Court Justices Alito, Scalia, and Roberts as "Idiots"
There is not one fiber of my being that doubts that Alito, Scalia, and Roberts are much more intelligent than John Kerry. As an experiment, sit one hundred people down and have them watch John Roberts' confirmation hearings. I doubt that any of them would describe him as an idiot (unless Kerry was in that group of one hundred). This is just childish kicking and screaming by a very sad man.

I hope someone forwards this to Alito, Scalia, and Roberts. I bet they all would get a kick out of it. And I'm sure Justice Thomas will be offended that he was left out.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile