« Home | A Fun Lunch Hour, Again » | Justice Guarantees » | More on the Frieze » | Disgusting » | America and the Courts » | Health Care Reform » | Quick! Everyone Defend the Court! » | Gonzales Testimony » | What Are the Teachers Being Taught? » | Thanks for All the Help, CAIR » 

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 

Supreme Court Podcasts

Prof. Althouse has linked to a collection of oral arguments on the Oyez website. I'm enough of a geek that I'm going to download a few of these when I get home. If anyone out there doesn't understand what the Court does exactly, this is a great opportunity to learn. Based on the cases themselves, I would recommend McCreary County v ACLU (Ten Commandments case), Roper v Simmons (execution of minors), or MGM Studios v Grokster Ltd. (file sharing). Most of the cases are fairly interesting, but those are the first ones I'm going to check out. The Court needs to start issuing these en masse.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile