« Home | Another Alito Distortion on Casey » | * Redux » | Cameras in the Court » | Alito and the First Amendment » | My Addiction » | Fly the Flag » | Do You People Really Think that Conflicts of Inter... » | A Few Words from Justice Thomas » | Federalist Society Meets in DC » | The McGee Family: Comedy Gold » 

Monday, November 14, 2005 

The Fight?

Drudge and Confirm Them are both reporting that the Washington Times has found a paper in the Reagan library written by Judge Alito stating "The Constitution does not protect the right to an abortion."

If this is true, I guess it will be a much more interesting week than I previously thought.

EDIT: There's more...
WASH TIMES: Alito rejected abortion as a right; paper shows personal view... Judge Alito, Bush's Supreme Court nominee, wrote that 'the Constitution does not protect a right to an abortion' in a 1985 document obtained by the WASHINGTON TIMES.... 'I personally believe very strongly" in this legal position... Developing...
I love the Drudge siren too.

EDIT DEUX: Article's up.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile