« Home | Attn: John Kerry » | I'm Not Going to Panic » | Two in the Bag; A Crisis » | Harry Reid is a Whiny Bitch » | The Gold » | Supreme Court Follies » | Hitch on North Korea » | Sleep Schedule » | Exam Season » | May Day » 

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 

The Morning After

Well folks, the first year of law school is officially in the record books (well unofficially until I get my grades). Yesterday I cruised down to school a little before 1 PM, handed in my Civ Pro take home, and found myself not wanting to start drinking that early. It wasn't any sort of moral objection. I was worried that I'd be out of cash too fast.

I ended up in the library. The internet got boring fast, so I decided to read a book. I ended up lounging on the 5th floor, reading Prey by Michael Crichton for 4 hours. I got 204 pages into it. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to waste my time like that.

I eventually ended up at Hagerty's for some food and a couple beers. There weren't a lot of law students there, at least nothing like last semester. Broke suckers don't want to actually pay for beer. Honestly, it does make more sense to wait until 7 PM, go to Caffery's, and drink the free beer. The crowd at Caffrey's was much bigger. I had a great time just talking to everyone. It seems strange that I won't see most of these people for months. Some of the poor bastards will be taking summer classes with me, but not many. I was struck by how fast this year went. My life was stressful, hectic, hellish, and unbearable at times, but the time flew. Strange.

I ended up home around midnight. I had no desire to make it to bar close. I was really tanked at 11 anyway, so I decided to gracefully bow out early.

I've got some weird sleep issues going on too. I ended up sleeping until 3 PM Sunday because I knew that I would be pulling an all-nighter to finish Civ Pro. I was awake from then and through all of my adventures yesterday until I got home last night. This morning I woke up at 5 AM on my own. I've been wide awake since then. A reasonable person would look at what I did Sunday and Monday and say that I would probably spend a lot of time in bed. I am an unreasonable person. I probably have a sleeping disorder.

The weather is great today; it's gorgeous outside. So that's where I'm going. Blogging is a bad weather activity.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile