« Home | Harry Reid is a Whiny Bitch » | The Gold » | Supreme Court Follies » | Hitch on North Korea » | Sleep Schedule » | Exam Season » | May Day » | Exams » | Tyranny » | Breyer Defends Gun Owners » 

Saturday, May 07, 2005 

Two in the Bag; A Crisis

Only one more exam to finish and year one of law school is complete. My Civil Procedure take home is sitting on top of my mountain of Civ Pro books, waiting for my efforts. I'm going to get to work on it shortly. I would've started sooner but my laptop decided to fuck me over.

I think the AC adapter is shot cause I noticed that it was running on battery power Thursday. I shut it down and put it aside with an hour and 15 worth of power left. I figured that I should wait until I had some free time in the very near future, then use that time to get all of my important shit off of that death trap. I got impatient and tried to do that this morning. I guess in eMachines computer time "an hour and 15 minutes" means "eh, about 20 minutes" cause that's when it shut down for good.

I managed to get the important stuff, my school folder and my copy of the Chronicles of Narnia trailer (hey, I started panicking and it was on the desktop so I saved it), onto my flash drive. The laptop shut down in the middle of burning a CD with more of my shit, so that kind of sucked.

Here's the plan. I ordered an AC adapter that should be here by the end of the week. I hope to God that is the problem/solution. I'm going to use it to turn on my computer, copy all of my files, and then fuck it. I'm buying a new laptop. I don't see how I can trust putting anything on this one, especially my school work. If I got it back up and running, it could royally fuck me over if it crapped out the night before I have a major assignment due. I'm not going to let this piece of shit affect my professional career. This one has been nothing but problems for the last six months anyway. It's been overheating a lot. I found a Gateway that I am going to get. I'm probably going to order it Tuesday, after I recover from the sick amount of drinking I'm going to do after exams are finished.

If the AC adapter thing doesn't work, I'm going to need to call in some technical help. Either I'm going to find someone to charge my battery or possibly get the hard drive out of there. I just want my files. Fuck the computer.

I'm pissed so I figure it's a good time to work on Civ Pro.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile