« Home | Time to Vote » | New Book About Justice Thomas » | New (to me) Law Blogs » | Olson Endorses Rudy » | Why No McConnell » | State Supreme Court Election » | In Honor of Valentine's Day » | Here's to You » | Walking on Allah » | Falwell: 2008 is About the Court » 

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 

This Year's Hallows Lecture

The MULS Hallows Lecture was last night. I wasn't able to attend because I was in class, but the text of the speech has been posted on the MULS website. You can access it here. Judge Carolyn Dineen King of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals gave the talk, entitled Challenges to Judicial Independence and the Rule of Law: A Perspective from the Circuit Courts. I only had time to skim the speech, but it looks interesting and timely. Judicial independence seems to be on the minds of many, including Supreme Court Justices.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile