« Home | What is Judicial Activism? » | The 2006 Term for Dummies » | Beer Review: Samuel Adams Octoberfest » | Dress Up » | The Day the Filth Died » | Scaliaversary » | The Death of Publicly Funded Elections » | Seventh Circuit and Reparations » | Court Issues New Grants » | The Major Court Battles on the Horizon » 

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 

Today's Transcripts Available Online

Good to their word, the Justices have posted (well, someone posted them. I doubt it was one of the nine) the transcripts from today's oral arguments in the consolidated cases of Lopez v Gonzalez and Toledo-Flores v US and Ayers v Belmontes. You can find them linked here and here.

I am very pleased that the Court is doing this. It is a great service to all of us who are interested in the goings on at One First Street. I also think that this new service has made Linda Greenhouse and Dahlia Lithwick obsolete. On many occasions, I have tried to control my gagging and eye rolling long enough to read their articles about recent oral arguments at the Court. Being stuck in Milwaukee, I don't have the luxury of waltzing down to the Court to watch oral arguments in a case that interests me. Greenhouse and Lithwick, New York Times and Slate Supreme Court reporters/analyzers respectively, have that luxury. No longer do I have to read their loaded and biased pieces in order to write my own loaded and biased pieces for this blog. Isn't access to information wonderful?

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile