« Home | Time is a Factor » | Out to Pasture » | Hail to the Chief » | Another Book Recommendation » | Reworked Rankings » | Law: A Distinguished Profession » | Beer Review: Bell's Amber Ale » | The Sultan of Swing » | Man Held as Terrorism Suspect over Punk Song » | Tony and Clarence Go to Congress » 

Thursday, April 13, 2006 

Rumor Monger

I'm usually not one to trade in rumors, but I have it on good authority that Justice John Paul Stevens will be retiring from the Supreme Court at the end of this term. I also have it on good authority that the White House is aware of this. I guess it may be time for me to be shocked.
Retirement?

Of course, this might be totally wrong, or Justice Stevens may change his mind (as Supreme Court Justices are prone to do), but I trust this information right now. Now that I've said that, I'm sure Stevens will stay on the Court and make me look like an idiot. Do your worst, bow tie.

Quite the prognosticator! Hope you're right and that Bush goes for a decent justice, and has the backbone to fight for it. Not abandone him/her the way Bork was fed to the fishes.

Well, this comes from a guy who has been right about every major move the White House has made on Supreme Court Justices. The weekend before the Alito nomination, he said that the finalists had been Alito and Michael Luttig. NO ONE had been talking about Alito at that point. But this guy knew; he called it (among other predictions).

If Stevens still goes through with it, the White House will be ready to roll, hitting the ground running. They need to use this opportunity to rally the base behind them. They need a knock out pick.

Post a Comment
Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile