« Home | Beer Review: Honey Creek Pale Ale » | Beer Review: Greenfield American Light Ale » | Let the Speculation and Rumors Begin » | Sheehan Acts Up; Rex "A Good Boy" » | Can We Clap? » | A Matter of Taste » | Tim Kaine's Eyebrow » | Post-Alito: Some Thoughts » | Clerks » | E. Harold Hallows Distinguished Lecture » 

Friday, February 03, 2006 

Times Change... in a Few Ways

This morning, I re-read the "The Nomination and the Campaign" chapter of Robert Bork's The Tempting of America. In this post-Alito world, I wanted to look back on the bad old days and reflect on how things have changed. I found this passage about Bork's visits to the senators very interesting...
Later, three Democratic senators, Bennett Johnson of Louisiana, Harry Reid of Nevada, and Dennis DeConcini of Arizona, in the course of explaining their intentions to vote against me, said I might not vote to overturn Roe.
Emphasis added.

Yes, that's Minority Leader Harry Reid worried that Judge Bork won't overturn Roe.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile