« Home | Times Change... in a Few Ways » | Beer Review: Honey Creek Pale Ale » | Beer Review: Greenfield American Light Ale » | Let the Speculation and Rumors Begin » | Sheehan Acts Up; Rex "A Good Boy" » | Can We Clap? » | A Matter of Taste » | Tim Kaine's Eyebrow » | Post-Alito: Some Thoughts » | Clerks » 

Friday, February 03, 2006 

Mr. Excitement

It's Friday night and I'm at home. Let's hear it for having no social life. I'm actually researching summer employment opportunities, so it's not like I'm just sitting here by my lonesome self. I do have to get this done, get my resume and cover letters ready, and get some of this stuff in the mail next week. Summer employment is sort of hellish for those of us in law school land. The people who are in the top 10% of the class (this does not include me) are usually set already. The rest of us either rely on jobs that we've managed to weasel our way into in the past year, connections within the field, or applying like mad. I'm going the last route. The law of averages says that I have to get a job, right? If this fails, I'm going to apply for an internship through school. I'd love to get out of Milwaukee for a summer, but I'd be fine staying here too.

The calendar gods have not smiled upon me unfortunately. I have a pretty busy weekend. Tomorrow I'm attending a quinceanera. For those of you who are whiter than I am and don't know what this is, it's sort of a Hispanic Sweet 16 birthday thing, only for a 15 year old. You know, girl becomes a woman, gets a bunch of gifts, all that jazz. I've never been to one of these so I don't know exactly what to expect. I have no doubt that the food is going to be great. Knowing the people throwing this get together, there will be no lack of alcoholic beverages. On the insert in the invitation, there are four people listed as providing/paying for the beer. That's a good sign. As far as the music, I'm hoping for some electric piano, conga drums, and a bunch of Spanish gibberish being shouted over it. If anything really interesting happens, I'll make a post about it. That kills Saturday, and work kills most of Sunday. Somewhere in all of that activity, I have to find time to get all of this job stuff in order. I need a secretary.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile