« Home | Michael Yon » | George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation » | Scalia Slap at Franken » | No to the Alito Attack Ad » | What Happened in Prague? » | Daddy Kills Animals » | It's That Time of the Year » | Dweeby » | Studying So Far » | Filibuster Talk » 

Sunday, November 27, 2005 

Sunday Insight

I just finished watching Charlie Sykes' panel show Sunday Insight. This episode was devoted entirely to blogs and had an all blogger panel. It was an interesting discussion, and I think that the nail was hit firmly on the head: blogs have taken away much of the power of the mainstream media. Their monopoly on the dissemination of information is over. When someone like me (not a computer genius) can have a blog, I can easily provide my small but devoted readership with news stories that they might not see in a newspaper. My blog is also an avenue for sharing my commentary and analysis with those of you who are not lucky enough to be sitting near me when I choose to run my mouth. It's an incredible form of media. For any remaining doubters out there, ask Dan Rather about the power of blogs.

EDIT: Charlie Sykes has a post about about the show, and I got linked. Very cool. As Jessica McBride says, he's the Godfather of Wisconsin Bloggers. I'm a mid-level enforcer at best. Someday, I hope to achieve Tom Hagen status.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile