« Home | New Bond » | You Know What's Awesome? » | Fantasy Football » | Waiting... » | Diversity » | Warren » | Smoke 'em If You Got 'em » | Casablanca » | Absentee Blogger » | Miers Redux » 

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 

Slump

I've hit the mid semester slump. If you don't go to law school, allow me to explain this to you. Generally, people come back to law school ready to go. They are pumped to see their classmates, they want to see what their new classes are like, and they like the fact that they are getting closer to graduation and a lucrative job sucking the life out of this once great republic. Everything is just great. You've got the world by the ass. Then it hits.

It hit me today. How can I tell? Well three times today, I felt like throwing my book across the room, saying to hell with this, and going home. That tends to interfere with one's studies. I'm at the point where I can't stomach reading another damn case. I'm sick of negligence, fiduciary duties, business deductions, the Clear Air Act, and hearsay. All of it makes me want to move to Guam and become a fisherman.

It's after 3 AM and I still have 28 pages of reading to finish. I am less than thrilled about this. Here are my options. 1. I can stay up and read it all, guaranteeing that I will be a zombie tomorrow for class. 2. I can go to bed now, get up early, and finish the reading before class. 3. I can go to bed now, not read, hope I don't get called on, and try to take really good notes in class. 4. I can drink bourbon until the sun comes up. I'm leaning towards option 2 or 3.

The slump is not going to be helpful this weekend. I seriously need to start outlining my courses. If I wait any longer, I'm going to have way too much material to try to synthesize.

I need a week off. I need to sleep for 2 or 3 days. I need to watch about 13 movies. I need to read a novel or two. I don't need any more GD f'ing law in my life.

Diatribe over.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile