« Home | Absentee Blogger » | Miers Redux » | What's in a Name? » | Miers » | ... » | Blogging is Serious Business » | Thank You, Justice Ginsburg » | Debate Thoughts » | Hey, Senator Schumer » | Misc. Supreme Court Post » 

Saturday, October 08, 2005 

Casablanca

I went to a great restaurant tonight. Casablanca is a new Middle Eastern restaurant on Brady St. It's right at the start of Brady, near Van Buren (take Water until it winds into Brady, Casablanca is on your left). My friend Mark's cousins and assorted family members run it. It's awesome. The food was incredible. If you like Greek food, this is one step away and much better. The hummus was amazing. I've never had hummus so good. And I eat a lot of hummus. My main course was the shawarma, which is roasted lamb. It was incredible. If you like gyros, you'll love this. You get a giant plate full of food, so you will not walk away hungry.

As an added bonus, they have a great bar. The bartenders make some pretty stiff drinks. A few of my friends decided to take advantage of the hookah service also. I'm not a smoker at all, so I just watched them enjoy it. After 8 PM, there is belly dancing. If you're into that sort of thing, it's there for you. Personally, it seems like a PG-13 version of a strip club. But hey, I can appreciate culture.

I highly recommend Casablanca. I plan on becoming a regular. Take my advice... Order the hummus appetizer, get the shawarma as your main course, and get a tall Captain and Coke from the bar afterwards. You won't be disappointed.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile