« Home | Judges and Opinion Writing » | Tin Foil Hat Theory » | Short Break » | New Blog » | Sign the Petition » | The Real Curse of the Bambino » | Crap » | Slump » | New Bond » | You Know What's Awesome? » 

Thursday, October 20, 2005 

I'm So Scared of Guns!

I don't know how I can sleep at night. I live with guns. I know. Scary stuff.

John Stossel, one of the few mainstream journalists that I like, has a great opinion piece about guns and gun laws. Read it.
This is one of my favorite parts...
As Alex Kozinski, a federal appeals judge and an immigrant from Eastern Europe, warned in 2003, "the simple truth -- born of experience -- is that tyranny thrives best where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people."
I know, everyone rolls their eyes when they hear statements like that. But I'd rather have my gun and not have to worry about it. I can't wait for Gov. Doyle to be kicked out of office so WI can join the vast majority of states and have concealed carry. This is one of my many complaints against our wise and noble governor. I don't care who beats him. Walker, Green, doesn't matter. I would vote for a potted plant before I vote for Doyle. At least the potted plant couldn't veto Voter ID.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile