« Home | Long Day » | Hate Crimes » | Punch a Woman in the Face for Peace » | US Reports Online » | James Woods and the 9/11 Dry Run » | Airport Security » | Syria out of Lebanon » | VDH on Winning the War » | Iraqi Blog » | I Have Monday Off... Weird » 

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 

Stand Your Ground

Florida law expands right to kill in self-defense

I love this. I've never been a fan of demanding a reasonable attempt of escape. Violent situations like that are no time to be turning your back on someone who is armed. An escape attempt is usually a great way to get your ass shot. Really though, it's very easy to kill someone in self-defense. Statutes are so broad that you just need to prove that you feared for your life in that situation and acted accordingly. Now all we need are concealed carry permits in Wisconsin...

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile