« Home | Supreme Conflict » | FedSoc Student Symposium » | My Leave of Absence » | Hey » | Post-Election: The Issue of Judges, Part 4 » | Campaign Finance Laws Run Amok » | Ready for Their Close-ups » | Supreme Court on PBS » | Yeah, Yeah, I Know » | Have Posts, Will Update » 

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 

Roggensack on Judicial Independence

I heard about an interesting event this week in Milwaukee while at the law school today...
The Milwaukee Lawyer Chapter of the American Constitution Society invites law students to "A Conversation on Judicial Independence," featuring the Honorable Patience Drake Roggensack, Wisconsin Supreme Court, on Jan. 25, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m., at the Milwaukee Bar Association, 424 East Wells St. There is no cost to attend this event. Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP by completing form at http://www.acslaw.org/chapters/lawyer/milwaukee/rsvp.

Justice Patience Drake Roggensack of the Wisconsin Supreme Court will discuss the philosophy underlying judicial independence, its importance and effect in the three tiers of the Wisconsin court system, its relationship to the judiciary's interaction with the other branches of government, and how it relates to the development of common law doctrines, statutory interpretation and constitutional interpretation.
I would love to attend this, but I don't think my schedule will allow it. Justice Roggensack is one of my favorite members of the WI Supreme Court, so seeing her speak would be great.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile