« Home | Happy Anniversary » | I Am Not » | On Exams and Race » | Mass. v EPA Roundtable » | Epstein Talks About Kelo » | Bong Hits 4 Jesus Granted Cert » | A Lot of Hot Air » | The Audio-Loving Court » | I'm Not Dead & The Hallows Lecture » | Programming Note » 

Saturday, December 09, 2006 

C-SPAN Needs New Pictures

I'm eating my dinner, watching the replay of oral argument for the school race cases on C-SPAN. I've seen it once already this week, but it's good enough to watch again. I was struck by something during this viewing though. C-SPAN has incredibly old pictures of the Supreme Court Justices. Seriously. The picture of Justice Kennedy is at least a decade old. He looks like a little boy. The Scalia and Souter pictures are pretty old too. The Alito and Roberts pictures are fairly recent, but so are the Justices. It's not hard to get a current headshot of these people.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that the Justices are bribing C-SPAN to keep the youthful pictures. Kennedy probably cares enough about his image to do that.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile