« Home | Dear Sandra » | Drunk Driving Criminalization » | Home » | One Last Thing Before I Go » | Can't Stop Here » | Activism and the Rehnquist Court » | November Arguments » | Bring on the Hate Mail » | Buckley of Steel » | Time for the Supremes to Cut an Album » 

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 

The Comprehensive Advice for 1Ls Post

Advice for first year law students is nothing new to this site. I don't know if any 1Ls actually read the site, but I hope I have a few. For those of you timid creatures who started your legal career this week, this post is for you. The TaxProf Blog has collected many of the advice posts that have been popping up on blogs and sites over the past few weeks and put them in one easy to use post.

Seeing the new 1Ls makes me smile and shake my head. They are so innocent. They sit in the lounge, talking about briefing cases, The Paper Chase, and getting called on in class. It reminds me of that quote from Fight Club...
A guy who came to fight club for the first time, his ass was a wad of cookie dough. After a few weeks, he was carved out of wood.
This wood-carved 3L has some reading to go do.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile