« Home | Some Interesting Reading » | Beer Review: Samuel Adams Boston Lager » | Thanks, Louis » | More Hamdan Reactions » | The Future of the Court » | Where Have I Been » | Alito on the 4th » | Hitch on the Flag » | Supreme Bobbleheads » | Beer Review: Samuel Adams Pale Ale » 

Monday, July 10, 2006 

Jefferson Raid Legal

I just saw this on Instapundit...
A federal judge on Monday upheld the FBI's unprecedented raid of a congressional office, saying that barring searches of lawmakers' offices would turn Capitol Hill into "a taxpayer-subsidized sanctuary for crime."
Emphasis added. I think that's the most apt description of government that I've ever read.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile