« Home | Guess What I'll Be Drinking to Tonight » | Another Day, Another Gigantic Bible » | No Love for Tony » | A Fairly Interesting Day at the Court » | "Idiots" » | Why We Fight » | America and the Courts: Posner » | Belated Congratulations » | Cert Logjam » | The Hard Part » 

Saturday, June 10, 2006 

Take Sam Out to the Ball Game

I just saw this pretty cool comment/story on Confirm Them...
I went to the Nationals game last night (they beat the Phillies), and one of my friends said "Hey, look over there! It's George Will." When I turned to look, I didn't see Will, but you know who I saw instead? Sam Alito!

That's right, sportsfans, the newest Supreme Court Justice was at the game with George Will. I don't know about you, but it warms my heart to know that a Justice of the Supreme Court hangs out with George Will.

So me and my friends went up to him and got him to sign our tickets and got a picture with him. He was nice about it and said it made him feel like a baseball player. He was on his way out, but a couple other people recognized him and got pictures too. He was nice, but I think a little surprised by being recognized. I say get used to it, Mr. Justice. You're going to be a great Justice for a long time, and that's going to make you a hero to lots of people. You're going to be signing autographs for a while.
That's such a cool story. It makes me wish that I was spending the Summer in DC. It's pretty interesting that Justice Alito is going to baseball games with one of the nation's most prominent conservative columnists. [sarcasm on]Oh no, I guess the cat's out of the bag that Alito is conservative...[sarcasm off]

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile