« Home | The Future of the Exclusionary Rule » | Rapanos Drama » | Start the Week off with a Bang » | Alito and Baseball » | Let's Talk Scalia » | Bartender of the Week (Last Week) » | Things to Come » | Judging Rehnquist » | Flag Day and Flag Burning » | The Changing Court » 

Monday, June 19, 2006 

Beer Review: Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat

I have been neglecting my beer review duties lately. Mostly, I've been sticking to old favorites. Tonight's selection is the Cherry Wheat from Samuel Adams. I'm becoming a pretty big Sam Adams fan. They have a surprisingly diverse line of beers. After my experience with the New Glarus Cherry Stout, I am a little wary of cherry beers. I certainly enjoy cherry flavor, just not when it is combined with rotten wood flavor. It has a hazy orange color that is darker than most wheat beers. I am guessing that has to do with the cherry addition. You can really smell the cherries. It reminds me a bit of a popsicle. The flavor is fairly interesting. Based on the aroma, I expected to be hit with nothing but overpowering cherry flavor. That's not the case. It tastes like a sweet wheat beer with hints of cherry. The cherry is there, definitely. But it is never too overpowering. It is sweet, so I doubt I could drink this consistently over the course of an evening. However, one or two would be great. This is a very refreshing, summer night kind of beer.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile