« Home | Justice Scalia and Harvey Birdman » | Teen Arrested Over MySpace Photos » | Justice Who? » | I Opened the Door for the Solicitor General » | South Dakota, Abortion, and the Court » | Rubbing Elbows with the Legal Elite » | Don't Drink the Water » | Court to Hear PBA Case » | Empirical Legal Studies » | It's All About Specter » 

Sunday, February 26, 2006 

Olympics

I must confess that I'm not much of an Olympics fan. The Winter Olympics seem especially dull and uninteresting to me. While I used to enjoy skiing quite a bit, I found that being someplace warm, indoors, and with a gin & tonic in hand was much more fun than hurling myself down a snowy hill at dangerous speeds.

Even I, Olympics grinch that I am, got caught up in the Sasha Cohen story. Ramjac's post sums up a lot of my feelings. Cohen's fall was one of those heart wrenching sports moments. She did end up with the silver, but it still had to be disappointing to her. Maybe I missed this since I'm not an Olympics fan, but when did they replace the medals with CDs? "You didn't just win the gold medal, you sold one million records."

Figure skating has become a sport full of insane, Jackass-esque maneuvers. That's probably why it's one of the few Winter Olympics sports that holds my attention. The technical skill bar keeps getting raised and the athletes keep trying to top each other. It's hard not to be impressed by what people like Sasha Cohen do.I'm also impressed by that.

Damn!

Yeah, I'd marry her right now.

Post a Comment
Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile