« Home | More Voucher Responses » | "Inexorable Command" » | Marquette Makes the Top Ten... » | Alito Judiciary Committee Vote » | Touched a Nerve? » | Where Will You Threaten to Run Now? » | Goals and Dreams » | I'm Trying to Not Take This Personally » | High Court Activity » | Beer Review: Lakefront Eastside Dark » 

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 

Tribune to McAdams: Shut the Hell Up

This is hilarious. Marquette Tribune Editorial Page Editor John Heiderscheidt gave Prof. McAdams the "Shut the hell up" award. Heiderscheidt has taken issue with McAdams' criticisms in the past, but the flap over the Trib's new ethics policy pushed the editor over the edge. How do I get considered for this illustrious award?

Heiderscheidt lets fly...
I'm all for criticism. It makes us better professionals. But I won't sit around and take any more abuse from a person who knows nothing about journalism. Do I come into your office and spout off about the standards of political science? No. Know why? Because I don't know the first thing about it. Keep that in mind the next time you want to talk jive about journalism.
He's all for criticism, as long as it comes from a narrow group of individuals. This is a freaking student newspaper. It's not like the folks at the Trib are running a nuclear reactor and McAdams is telling them what buttons to push. He and many others have taken issue with the strange ethics policy.

Oh, and what's with the "talk jive" thing? Did I wander into a Starsky and Hutch rerun? Maybe Heiderscheidt should stop hanging out with Huggy Bear and spend his time crafting a sensible ethics policy for his newspaper. Solid!

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile