« Home | Something to Think About Today » | Top 10 Supreme Court Decisions to Reverse » | Alito... Not That Conservative? » | Doyle's Weak School Choice Plan » | Truce? Yes, says Star Jones » | UAW Ideas for Fixing the US Auto Industry » | In Defense of Wal-Mart » | Truce? » | A Case of Photo Bias » | Who Would Be a Better Governor than Jim Doyle » 

Sunday, January 22, 2006 

Beer Review: Lakefront Eastside Dark

I took the Lakefront Brewery tour with two of my fellow beer enthusiast friends yesterday. It was a blast, and I highly recommend it. You pay $5, get a tour, a pint glass, and beer samples. Sounds like a great way to kill an afternoon. I also have a ton of material for beer reviews now too.

I tried Lakefront's Eastside Dark during the tour (yes, you get to drink during the tour). Based on the name, you can tell that it's a dark beer. It has a nice coffee aroma to it, but it's not very strong. The beer has a very creamy flavor. The blend of malty chocolate and coffee flavors coat your entire mouth. The flavor lingers in your mouth long after you swallow the beer. Strangely enough, there isn't much of a bite with the finish. This makes the Eastside Dark a very drinkable dark beer, but it might not be as satisfying to dark beer drinkers who are used to something with more of a kick. Personally, I like the easy finish of the Eastside Dark. If you want a darker beer with a little more punch to it, Lakefront has a Fuel Cafe Coffee Flavored Stout. This is about as dark as beer is going to get. I think a cup of hot tar is more appetizing but that's just me. The Eastside Dark is creamy, flavorful, and smooth. It's a great dark beer, and I highly recommend it.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile