« Home | UAW Ideas for Fixing the US Auto Industry » | In Defense of Wal-Mart » | Truce? » | A Case of Photo Bias » | Who Would Be a Better Governor than Jim Doyle » | Epstein on School Choice and Some Thoughts on the ... » | O'Connor's Swan Song? » | Journal-Sentinel Firmly Against Free Speech » | I Love the Tribune » | Gonzales v Oregon » 

Friday, January 20, 2006 

Truce? Yes, says Star Jones

I don't like to spend a lot of time bashing celebrities on ED. I'm sure I've done it a few times in the past, but I don't make a habit out of it. It's just too easy. This comment is too stupid to ignore. From Drudge: Star Jones says that the war on terror is a battle of egos between President Bush and Osama Bin Laden.
"I won't trust him, but anything that gives me the opportunity to seek peace, I would at least check it out.

"People make deals with the devil all the time. We make deals with people we don't like," she said.

"You don't negotiate with terrorists," said Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the show's youngest (ME: and most sensible) host.

"You don't negotiate," Jones interrupted, "but I do think you figure out when there is a solution that's diplomatic that doesn't result in [loss of] human life.

"What do we have to lose to check it out?" Star said.
Jones says not to negotiate, then she says we should find a diplomatic solution. I think that is negotiation. "Peace in our time"... right.

"You know what?" she then added, "At some point, one of these men has to put it back in his pants and zip up the zipper at some point."

"This isn't somebody whipping it out," shot co-host Meredith Vieira.

"You know what, I'm a little tired of posturing back and forth," Jones replied.
Oh man. Calling four hijacked planes, two destroyed World Trade Center towers, one damaged Pentagon, one bombed USS Cole, two bombed African embassies, one blown up Bali, blown up Spanish trains, and blown up British subways "posturing" is just a wee bit of a stretch, don't you think? This is a war. This isn't two guys thumping their chests over some grudge. She should apologize for her stupidity and her moronically simple male-bashing stance that she seems so quick to embrace.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile